Friday, August 19, 2011

Useful phrases in spanish

These phrases are very useful and any tourist/visitor in Guatemala should know them:

Yes. >> Si.
No. >> No.
Hello. >> Hola.
Goodbye. >> Adios.
My name is... >> Me llamo...
How are you? >> ¿Como estas?
How Much (does it cost)? >> ¿Cuanto cuesta?
Where is...? >> ¿Donde está?
I don't understand. >> No entiendo
Do you speak English? >> ¿Hablas inglés?
Where is a good restaurant? >> ¿Dónde hay un buen restaurante?
Check, please. >> La cuenta, por favor.
I am hungry. >> Tengo hambre.
I am thirsty. >> Tengo sed.
I would like to see the menu. >> Quiero ver el menu.
Help! >> Socorro!
I am lost. >> Ando perdido.
Be careful! >> Cuidado!
May I use the bathroom? >> ¿Puedo usar el baño?
Where is the bathroom? >> ¿Dónde está el baño?
Please call a doctor. >> Por favor, llame al médico.
Please call the police. >> Por favor, llame al policía.
Please help me. >> Ayúdeme, por favor.
Bless you. >> Salud.
By your leave. >> Con permiso.
Excuse me. >> Perdon.
Good morning. >> Buenos dias
Good afternoon. >> Buenos tardes.
Good night. >> Buenas noches.
I'm Sorry. >> Lo siento.
Nice to meet you. >> Mucho gusto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment